adidas adiZones: marketing and sales campaign
adiZones are multi-sports facilities in the shape of the 2012 Olympic logo. Created by adidas agency TGO, adiZones are 25m2 outdoor fitness spaces, comprising a large outdoor gym, basketball zone, football goal, tennis wall, climbing wall, freestyle space for aerobics, yoga, martial arts etc – with adidas and Olympic branding.
The brief from agency TGO was to communicate quickly and effectively the adidas adiZone product to the UK market following its pilot phase, to achieve nationwide awareness and interest in the product in the run up to the London 2012 Olympic Games, to achieve adiZone sales in every region of the UK and to manage the relationships with adidas and the Dept for Education.
- Sales achieved £6.5 million over 2 years – in all 9 regions of the UK.
- One of the key relationships I formed and managed was with Hull City Council – created “adi-city‟ in Hull working with Hull City Council and NHS Hull – 7 adiZones across Hull to offer free fitness to the whole city and target health problems city-wide.
- Managed nationwide marketing communication campaign to bring the adiZone product to the UK market, including: email communications to all local authorities; targeted communications to sports clubs, NHS, schools, colleges, universities; telemarketing campaign to support email marketing campaign (managed TGO in-house telemarketing campaign and set up customer support system with adidas customer service centre); ongoing PR activity; ongoing face to face meetings with prospects and customers at every point of the sales process (including sales meetings, site surveys, assisting with site identification, planning process, contractual process, installation process, press activity and launch).
- Sales pipeline management / project management of 45 adiZone sites.
- Managed key stakeholder relationships: adidas, The Great Outdoor Gym Company, Partnerships for Schools / the Department for Education, installation partners.
- Customer relationship management: from initial contact through to aftersales support, giving first class customer care to all adiZone prospects and customers (over 30 local authority partners).
- The “adizone‟ programme was cited by Sebastian Coe, in his role at LOCOG, as an example of best practice in terms of public/ private partnership – with respect to adidas’s activation work as a tier 1 sponsor of the London 2012 Olympic Games.